Monday, September 26, 2011

Silver Prices in India Tumbles 6%: Good News or Bad News?

Today, when I turned my Radio on, the 1st sound I heard was of news reader and she read that Silver prices tumbled by 6% and it was one of the biggest intra day loss of this commodity in recent pass. But the tone of the reader was not pleased enough, I thought she must had invested some of her money in Silver as well. The thing I am still confused to understand that should feel happy on it or sad.
Yes, I never invested in that commodity or in any, but there are so many people who have invested huge part of their savings, thinking Silver or Gold as safe investment tools. They are at loss today, So I must feel sad for them.
But their is another part of the story, as we are going to enter in festive season in India and jewellery is must part of shopping of any festival, then we have marriage season also, so jewellery for bride is also essential. The parents of bride or people who want to buy silver must be happy after this news as most must have reached stores to buy some silver as well. So, I think I should feel happy for them.
but this is also true that, "Somebody's loss is somebody's gain". So, the people who are at loss today, are helping others to gain something.

Pic Courtesy: wwwaqsa-newscom.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment